Vol. 1, Issue 43 (Mar 09) Training

Various statutory piece of legislation require health and safety training. From the key piece of legislation the “Health and Safety at Work Etc Act 1974” to regulations and approved codes of practice.

Many such as ‘Construction’ related industry requires formalised training routes such as “CSCS” (construction skills certificate scheme), and can include occupations from cleaners to carpenters highways workers to kitchen fitters, bricklayers, roofers to stonemasons. For detail visit www.cscs.uk.com.

Many occupations do not have formalised health and safety training programmes and we take this¬†opportunity to provide basic facts. The starting point is “induction training” if you do not currently¬†provide this, you should review your position – send to us an e-mail and we will send a ‘induction¬†procedure’.

The stated Act states “the provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety at work of his employees”. This suggest that you need to make something understood, i.e. what equipment, what procedures, location of fire exits and the location of the facilities to clean, location of toilets and where to obtain a drink.

[Download the full article News Brief 43 (PDF)]

Tags: ,

Wednesday, June 10th, 2009 news Comments Off on Vol. 1, Issue 43 (Mar 09) Training